Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tell Me the Truth!

Proverbs 27:5
Better is open rebuke than hidden love.

Short, sweet and oh so true! I love this verse for keeping it real. I am so encouraged when I am reprimanded, sternly advised or given constructive criticism. Even when it seems so random to me and totally unfounded, I still heed and pray that God give me wisdom to understand what the hec has happened. All too often we become angry, offended and resentful when we really ought not to. I think this happens because of a lack of wisdom and discernment. Wisdom would open our eyes to see that often times the only reason a person is telling us about an area where we have been wrong or happen to be lacking in, is to give us the opportunity to make it right. Is it better that they talk behind our backs? Or, is it better perhaps that they say "I love them too much to hurt them." No, its worse when someone says that because it means they don't love you, care about you or respect you enough to help you become a better person. Their focus is on being self-centered and saving face as opposed to possibly saving your life. It doesn't matter how big or small, every situation we experience in life is to make us better at some point in the future. What may not seem applicable today, will probably be the best piece of advice you utilize in the future.

Lets not be so quick to dismiss an open rebuke. Remember that if folks love you, they'll always tell you the truth - no matter what.

Seek Wisdom, Find Wealth & Tell The Truth!

No comments: