Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Make a Gratitude List

Psalm 40:5
O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us.
Your plans for us are too numerous to list.
You have no equal.
If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds,
I would never come to end of them.

There's a phrase I grew up hearing in church that sticks with me to this day: "If He never did another thing for me, God has done enough."

In today's economy, we're constantly reminded of the negative's of life - financial woes, rising healthcare costs, job loss, etc. For people going through their own sad story, turning the news on can make these bitter times seem like a never-ending horror film!

Well, today I was reminded by this scripture of just how much the Divine has done for my family and I. It would be so easy to throw a pity party of one, but instead I choose to just praise today and relish in the things I do have to be thankful for! And you know what? Once I started thinking about it all, my list of what IS working in my life, far out weighs what isn't.

Today I encourage you to take 15 minutes and write a Gratitude List for yourself. List any and everything you can think of just in that moment. I bet, if you're honest, the good will still overtake the bad. I just tried to recite all of God's wonders for me and if I hadn't stop to share this with you, I'd still be writing! Let me know how it goes!

Seek Wisdom, Find Wealth & Be Blessed!