you did awesome deeds beyond our
Isaiah 64:3 (NLV)
Last week, my computer was on life support and on its way to laptop heaven. I generally spend so much time researching, writing or just surfing the web, that I thought I would die after I had hand written everything I possibly could! Forced to find other ways to entertain myself and keep my sanity, I headed to Barnes & Noble on Thursday. There, I stumbled upon a true gem of a book, The Book of Awesome!
The Book of Awesome is dedicated to reminding us that awesome things are all around us - sometimes we just need someone to point them out! After reading through the dozens of circumstances recorded by the book's author, Neil Pasricha, I couldn't help but replace my irritation with not having a computer to pure delight in life's everyday subtle treasures. Here are some of my favorites:
- Seeing a cop and then realizing you're going the speed limit anyway.
- High fiving babies - they don't ever leave you hangin'!
- Being the 1st table to be called up for the dinner buffet at a wedding.
- Finding out your birthday falls on a Friday or Saturday.
- The Universal Fry-Sharing Policy. (Noones ever mad if you steal a french fry!)
- The Five Second Rule. (This makes you a law abiding Kitchen Citizen and not disgusting.)
- When the vending machine gives you two things instead of one! Jackpot!
Keep in mind, we don't remember days; we remember moments. Continue to find ordinary moments each day to turn into awesome memories!
Seek Wisdom, Find Wealth & Be Blessed!