Friday, January 30, 2009

Bold as a Lion

Proverbs 28:1
The wicked man flees though no one pursues,
but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

There are two things I learned early on in my business: 1. to under promise in order to over deliver and 2. to always be honest and straightforward! Not only does it allow me to gain most of my business through referrals and repeat clients, but it allows me to sleep well at night knowing I don't have to hide from anyone!

In the last few months, I've encountered some very shady characters in the business world. At the slightest hint of conflict, they stop answering or returning phone calls, they're dodging you in public and basically fleeing situations that could have been prevented through simple communication. Its sad when people believe that by avoiding situations they magically disappear. Unresolved problems never just go away. Not only do you have to live your life in a perpetual state of running or hiding out from everything and everyone, but you earn a bad reputation that will come back to haunt you at some point in life.

I've had people be unhappy about what I was telling them, but never displeased with me - for too long anyways - because I told them the truth. I'd rather walk with my head held high than be known as a liar who can't face anyone! In order to find wealth and success, we have to nurture our relationships in life, not destroy them over nothing. We all just desire simple honesty and respect. The realities of life are sometimes beyond any of our control and most rational people will get that. And if they don't, that's fine too, but you can get some rest at night and take comfort in knowing that you did all you could do.

Seek Wisdom, Find Wealth and Be Bold!

No comments: