Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Love Him Like I Do!

God's love is meteoric,
his loyalty astronomic,
His purpose titanic,
his verdicts oceanic.
Yet in his largeness
nothing gets lost;
Not a man, not a mouse,
slips through the cracks.
Psalm 36:5-7 (The Message)

If you're like me, then your jaw just dropped when you read that verse! What a beautiful illustration of how deep and wide God's love is for each of us. When I attempt to demonstrate to my daughter how much I love her, I open my arms as wide as I can and at a span of maybe 5 feet across, she excitedly exclaims, "That much, mommy!?!" And although I know my love for her is immeasurable and unconditional, how much more intense is the mental picture of our Heavenly Father's love depicted above?

I've read this passage several times since yesterday evening and all I can still do is shake my head, look to the heavens and meekly whisper, "Thank you God for loving me like you do."

Remember no matter who you are OR what you've done, God's love for you is so awesomely great. There's not a thing you can do to cause this to change and no matter what you're going through, you haven't slipped through the cracks of his memory nor fallen off his radar. He loves you when no one else does and even when you don't feel like loving yourself. That's why I Love Him Like I Do!

Seek Wisdom, Find Wealth & Be Blessed.

No comments: