Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Uncommon Use of Common Sense

Proverbs 3:21-22
My child, don't lose sight of common sense and discernment.
Hang on to them, for they will refresh your soul.

Oh how refreshing it would be if common sense was indeed more common! I began this blog because I wanted to encourage anyone willing to read, to seek wisdom in order to gain the wealth they desire in all areas of their life. One valuable way I find to seek out wisdom, is taking notes from those that have been there and done that. I'm a firm believer in learning from the mistakes of others.

That's why the news reports of Tiger Wood's recent indiscretions are so frustrating to me. Don't get me wrong - I'm not judging him, because we'll have to answer at some point. I'm simply saying why don't we learn from the mistakes of others? How many public figures and professional athletes have had the same fate? How many of them have had their names smeered in the media for acts that those not in the limelight commit everyday? There is absolutely nothing new under the sun and noone is exempt from the emotional scars these types of incidents can cause a family.

If we'd do as the Word says and not lose sight of common sense, we could avoid so much turmoil and trouble. Today, join me in figuring out where you need to seek discernment and look to those who have gone before us for wisdom and the common sense to avoid a potential challenge or circumstanc in your life. Trust me you're not slicker, smarter or better than the next man. As my pastor back home says, "The game is the same, you're just the newest player!"

Seek Wisdom, Find Wealth & Be Blessed!

No comments: