Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What Wealth Is

Proverbs 8:21
Those who love me (wisdom) inherit wealth.
I will fill their treasuries.

Although the concept of wealth is generally linked to economics, I believe that wealth encompasses so much more than an ideal of financial stability. If you surveyed even your closest friends, you'd be surpised at the myriad of answers you'd find to the question of what wealth is. I'm not sure that I can even define it with any one exclusionary ideal myself, but I do believe that Webster's definition of having profuse abundance should definitely stretch far past finances. It should encompass any categories of life that one finds valuable.

As I gear up for the new year, I've already begun defining my 1st quarter goals by including all of the categories that I desire to continue building wealth in: Spirituality, Family, Relationships, Health & Beauty, etc. In my mind, taking wiser steps each day to make each area of my life more fulfilling is the true treasure.

What does wealth mean to you?

Seek Wisdom, Find Wealth & Be Blessed!

No comments: