Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Wife's Wisdom

Proverbs 31:26
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

Sermons that touch on the wife of noble character hardly ever mention the fact that she speaks with wisdom. I guess considering all the other awesome stuff she's accomplished throughout verses 1-25, its assumed that she is quite a wise woman. I enjoy this particular verse, however, because there's no assumption necessary. A wise wife speaks with wisdom. Considering the challenges which present themselves in marriage, that makes a world of sense. Knowing when, where and how to speak to your husband can make or break a marriage.

Through some serious trial and error I've learned a lot about the communication style that keeps the peace in my household. I've figured out what tone to speak to my husband in when there's a problem, what time of day is best to approach him, etc. I consider being aware of these little things a big help in my marriage and I'm sure my husband would say the same.

Fellow wives, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing or persuading our husbands to see things our way (hint, hint)! Using wisdom, however, teaches us how to apply what we know about our husbands likes and dislikes in order to ensure a favorable outcome for everyone. Many of us (wives) always feel like we have the right answer to family concerns or problems, but if we don't communicate it in a way that our husband can receive it positively, then we're not using wisdom! We're probably just being that nagging wife spoken about earlier in the book of Proverbs.

Let's Speak Wisdom & Find Favor with our Spouses today!
Be Blessed.

No comments: